Our Patients Thoughts...
It is always a pleasure to attend an appointment at Dental Care Dundonald. I am delighted that the staff first inform me by text...More Info
A more natural, secure solution.
At Dental Care Dundonald, we often recommend dental implants as the most natural looking, secure and comfortable solution to tooth loss, restoring both self-confidence and the ability to speak and eat normally.
What are the benefits of Dental Implant treatment?
- Looks like a natural tooth
- Behaves like a natural tooth. The implant will be anchored firmly in the jaw bone, much like a natural tooth root, providing the false tooth with stability.
- Dental implants are fixed in place and cannot be removed.
- Dental implants do not rely on adjacent teeth and therefore treatment does not involve any cutting down of otherwise healthy teeth.
- They prevent bone loss. Side effects of losing a tooth is that you also begin to lose bone mass around the tooth site. An implant doesn’t only maintain this bone but also stimulates bone growth in this area.
- By preventing this bone loss, dental implants can help preserve the facial structure thereby preventing a "sunken" ageing appearance.
- Improves speech and confidence
- Improved comfort by eliminating the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Dental implants are cost effective. Many feel that dental implants are the “expensive” option but if you look at life time costs of dental implants compared to other restorations that may need to be replaced on a regular basis, they can work out cheaper over the long term.
- Durability. Dental implants, if looked after properly, can be very durable and last many years.
What does Dental Implant treatment involve?
- Your dentist will carry out a full dental examination and take any necessary X-rays
- A CT scan may be needed and we will refer you for this.
- The implant is gently implanted, under local anaesthetic, into the jawbone and left for 3 months to allow it to integrate with the bone and become solid.
- You will have a temporary restoration or denture in place so that you will never be left without a tooth.
- After the healing period, impressions will be taken and a custom made restoration fabricated and fitted on top of your dental implant.
How successful are Dental Implants?
Success rates of dental implants vary depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but in general they have a success rate of approximately 98%. Factors such as smoking can influence whether an implant eventually succeeds or fails.
We offer free consultations in our Dundonald, Belfast clinic for anyone considering dental implants as a treatment option