Our Latest Stories
Different Orthodontic Treatments and What They Achieve
At Dental Care Dundonald, we offer 3 different types of orthodontic treatment for straightening teeth. Here's a round up of what they are and what they achieve.
These are fixed braces with consist of clear brackets with a white wire.
- Move the front 6 teeth otherwise known as the “Social Six” as they are the teeth that people see when you smile.
- Can be used for more situations that the removable appliances.
- Can move teeth more quickly than the removable appliances.
- Fixed in place and therefore people can’t remove them and therefore forget about them
- Discreet due to the colour
- Not removable
- Diet has to be altered slightly whilst the braces are on i.e. no toffees, caramels etc.
The Inman Aligner is a removable appliance which is designed to move the front 4 teeth quickly and safely
- Treatment time can be as little as 6-18 weeks depending on the degree of crowding and patient compliance
- It is removable and therefore can be removed for social events, photos etc.
- Moves teeth quickly and safely
- Must be worn for at least 20 hours a day. Anything less and this can lead to an increase in treatment time.
- As it is removable, you may take it out and forget to put it back in or even misplace the appliance.
- It can affect your speech and therefore may not be suitable for someone who is involved in a lot of face to face contact as part of their job
A series of removable clear aligners which are changed every 2 weeks
- They are removable and therefore can be removed for social events
- Very discreet
- Perfect for those who cannot or do not want to have fixed braces
- Must be worn for at least 22 hours a day otherwise treatment time will increase
- As it can be removed, you may forget to put the aligner back in or may even lose it.
- Unlike fixed braces, the teeth can only be moved a fraction at a time and therefore treatment time may be a little longer.
We offer FREE consultations for anyone considering braces so please contact our reception team on 028 9048 3119 today.