Our Latest Stories
10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Our Hygienists
1. Prevent Gum Disease. Our hygienists will show you the correct way to clean your teeth thereby helping to prevent gum disease.
2. Hold on to your teeth for longer. If you already have gum disease they will treat and try to prevent its progression thereby helping you to hold onto your teeth for as long as possible.
3. Stop gums from bleeding. Bleeding gums are a sign of gum inflammation also known as gingivitis. This is normally caused by plaque and/or tartar around the gum line. Our hygienists will remove this at every visit.
4. Prevent bad breath. This can be caused by bacteria found under the gums which only the hygienist will be able to remove. It may also be caused by any food trapped in between those teeth that are hard to clean.
5. Clean those hard to reach areas. If your teeth are crowded, then you may find it difficult to clean in between them properly. Our hygienists have instruments available that enable them to clean all those difficult to reach areas.
6. Whiter, brighter smile. Some people may have quite a lot of external staining on their teeth especially if they drink a lot of tea and coffee or smoke. Our hygienists will be able to remove these stains, thereby giving you back a lovely smile!
7. Improves self-esteem and confidence. Whiter teeth will make you more confident and more willing to flash your smile and a fresh breath will ensure that you are never worried about talking or kissing anyone!
8. Spot Cancer Warning Signs. When our hygienist is carrying out a deep clean of your gums, they will also be able to see any changes in your mouth which are of concern.
9. Prevents other diseases. Gum disease has been linked to diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke so good oral health can have a positive effect on your overall wellbeing.
10. Detect other problems. Sometimes there are other things going on in the mouth that you may not realise but the hygienist can pick up on such as chipped teeth, loose crowns and draining abscesses to name a few.
If you would like to see our hygienists, please don't hesitate in contacting the practice on 028 9048 3119. You do not need to be a registered patient of our practice to see them.